Definition of Axle grease
1. Noun. A thick heavy grease used to lubricate axles.
Axle Grease Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Axle Grease Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Axle Grease
Literary usage of Axle grease
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Practical Treatise on Animal and Vegetable Fats and Oils: Comprising Both by William Theodore Brannt, Karl Schaedler (1896)
"642 axle grease from lead oleate 643 Actual soap lubricants; ... 040 Other solid lubricants; Asphaltum axle grease; Naphthaline grease; Rosin lubricant; ..."
2. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1886)
"At the time of Frazer's withdrawal from the business, the process of making the axle grease was known only to himself and one or two others, and even now it ..."
3. War Work of the Bureau of Standards: April 1, 1921 by National Bureau of Standards, United States (1921)
"Paper Containers for axle grease and Saddle Soap In the interest of the conservation of tin the paper section of the Bureau was requested to investigate the ..."
4. Lubrication and Lubricants: A Treatise on the Theory and Practice of by Richard Mountford Deeley, Leonard Archbutt (1900)
"IJ Redwood describes the following method of making a ' set-' or axle-grease from rosin oil and mineral oil :—Pry sifted slaked lime and twice its weight of ..."