Definition of Backspace key
1. Noun. The typewriter key used for back spacing.
Generic synonyms: Key
Group relationships: Typewriter Keyboard
Derivative terms: Backspace
Lexicographical Neighbors of Backspace Key
Literary usage of Backspace key
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. SAS(R) 9.1 Companion for Windows by SAS Institute (2004)
"For example, if you assign the backspace key to the Add a new abbreviation command, pressing the backspace key displays the Add Abbreviation dialog box, ..."
2. Getting Started with SAS(R) Enterprise Miner(tm) 5.2 by SAS Institute, SAS Publishing (CRT), SAS Institute Staff (2006)
"19 In the Edit Transformation window, select Format and then press the Backspace key to clear the text box. Leave the Format value blank in order to use the ..."
3. Altova Xmlspy 2005 User & Reference Manual by Altova (2005)
"You can also use the keyboard backspace key to achieve the same effect. This can be useful if you click a link in your XML document and want to return to it ..."
4. Secure Communications: Tuesday, February 11, 1997 edited by Vernon J. Ehlers (1998)
"In particular, he has not figured out the difference between the "delete" key and the "backspace" key on the keyboard. So every time he makes a mistake, ..."