Definition of Bacterins
1. Noun. (plural of bacterin) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Bacterins
1. bacterin [n] - See also: bacterin
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bacterins Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bacterins
Literary usage of Bacterins
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Essentials of Bacteriology by Michael Valentine Ball, Paul Garfield Weston (1913)
"CHAPTER XV bacterins (VACCINES) bacterins are sterilized suspensions of bacteria in normal ... bacterins are used in the treatment of localized infections, ..."
2. White and Martin's Genito-urinary surgery and venereal diseases by James William White (1918)
"bacterins bacterins are suspensions of killed bacteria, so made that the preparations ... The purpose of the administration of bacterins is to increase the ..."
3. Laboratory Manual in General Microbiology by Dept. of Bacteriology and Public Health, Michigan, Michigan Agricultural College, Michigan State University, East Lansing Agricultural College, Dept. of Bacteriology and Hygiene (1916)
"THE PREPARATION OF bacterins OR BACTERIAL VACCINES Apparatus. ... A. AUTOGENOUS bacterins Method. In the preparation of an autogenous bac- terin, ..."
4. Microbiology: A Text-book of Microörganisms, General and Applied by Charles Edward Marshall (1911)
"... to the method of Wright, f appears to be a valuable prophylactic against typhoid fever. BACTERIAL VACCINES. (bacterins.) Opsonins may be defined as ..."
5. Bacteriological Methods in Food and Drug Laboratories: With an Introduction by Albert Schneider (1915)
"Determining the Purity and Quality of Sera, bacterins and Related Products Sooner or later the regulatory work under the pure drugs laws of the land will ..."
6. A Compend of Diseases of the Skin by Jay Frank Schamberg (1913)
"... methods of treatment- THE USE OF VACCINES OR bacterins The bactericidal power of the blood against certain organisms can be increased by the injection ..."
7. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1910)
"BA THOMAS, of Philadelphia: The authors recount their experience of two years' duration in the treatment by bacterins and ..."
8. Transactions of the American Therapeutic Society by American Therapeutic Society, Albert Ernest Gallant, Peter Brynberg Porter (1910)
"bacterins: THEIR PRESENT STATUS IN THERAPEUTICS. BY NOBLE P. BARNES, MD, WASHINGTON, D. 0. THE use of the bacterial vaccines now proving of therapeutic ..."