2. Noun. a backup supply of air in scuba diving ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Bailout
1. the act of parachuting from an aircraft [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bailout
Literary usage of Bailout
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Samoa: Inadequate Management & Oversight Contribute to Financial (1993)
"... Federal bailout American Samoa's Financial Instability and other basic services. The other major funds or groups of funds are the Special Revenue Fund, ..."
2. Computer Science Research Activities in Asia: Software Technology and by David K. Kahaner (1994)
"In sum, even a South Korean bailout package leaving all other Asian countries ... Unfortunately, neither the HK bailout nor the funding from the public ..."
3. The U. S. Coal Industry, 1970-1990: Two Decades of ChangeTechnology (1992)
"Self-contained emergency gas supply systems (or bailout units) are used in ... A completely separate bailout system, which includes a scuba tank and ..."