Definition of Bandung
1. Noun. A city in Indonesia; located on western Java (southeast of Jakarta); a resort known for its climate.
Definition of Bandung
1. Proper noun. A capital city of the West Java Province, Indonesia. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bandung Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bandung
Literary usage of Bandung
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Chinese at the Negotiating Table: Style and Characteristics by Alfred D. Wilhelm (1994)
"The stage was set for bandung. With regard to Taiwan the seizure of one third ... bandung Conference, 1955 The Asian-African Conference (better known as the ..."
2. Indonesia: Sumatra, Java, Bali, Lombok, Sulawesi by David E. Henley (2000)
"bandung In bandung. the Dutch gave Sunda the capital it had not had ... bandung was Java's most European city - even, some said, the "Paris of the East. ..."
3. India and the United States: Estranged Democracies, 1941-1991 by Dennis Kux (1994)
"Very much the father figure at bandung, Nehru was, nonetheless, ... 97 At bandung, Nehru spoke with eloquence about nonalignment as a way to avoid the war ..."
4. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"bandung, the capital of the residency since 1864, is a flourishing place, ... is of similar character to bandung, though the removal of the resident and his ..."
5. Academic Freedom in Indonesia: Dismantling Soeharto-era Barriers by Joseph Saunders (1998)
"In January, the student council (dewan mahasiswa) at the prestigious bandung Institute of Technology (Institut Teknologi bandung, ITB) published the White ..."
6. Educational Facilities and Risk Management: Natural Disasters by OECD Staff, SourceOECD (Online service) (2004)
"bandung Tashkent and Kathmandu. participated in the RADIUS ... risk mitigation techniques will be carried out in an integrated manner bandung has been a ..."
7. Volcanic Ash and Aviation Safety: Proceedings of the First International edited by T. J. Casadevall (1995)
"Many posts are equipped with radios for direct communication with volcanologists at VSI headquarters in bandung, West Java. ..."