Definition of Bangladeshi
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Bangladesh.
Generic synonyms: Asian, Asiatic
2. Adjective. Of or relating to or characteristic of Bangladesh or its people or language. "Bangladeshi dialects"
Definition of Bangladeshi
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Bangladesh or of Bangladeshi descent. ¹
2. Adjective. Of, from, or pertaining to Bangladesh. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bangladeshi Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bangladeshi
Literary usage of Bangladeshi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Double Jeopardy: Police Abuse of Women in Pakistan by Asia Watch Committee (U.S.), Asia Watch Committee (U.S. (1992)
"THE FLESH TRADE: bangladeshi WOMEN IN PAKISTANI JAILS A. General Comments A 1991 study by the National Council for Social Welfare in Pakistan estimates that ..."
2. Critical Perspectives on Racial and Ethnic Differences in Health in Late Life by Norman B. Anderson, Rodolfo A. Bulatao, Barney Cohen (2004)
"Half of Pakistani and bangladeshi households had three or more adults, compared with two-fifths of Indian and Chinese households and less than one-fifth of ..."
3. Trade and Structural Adjustment: Embracing Globalisation by OECD Staff (2005)
"bangladeshi policy makers and producers recognise that this is both a challenge ... Challenges and reforms in the bangladeshi environment Any examination of ..."
4. People Before Structures: Engaging Communities Effectively in Regeneration by Paul M. Brickell (2000)
"40 People Before Structures Zenith's small village Zenith Rahman is a bangladeshi woman who lives in Bromley by Bow and has been working at the Bromley by ..."
5. Migration and the Labour Market in Asia: Recent Trends and Policies by Nihon Rōdō Kyōkai (2003)
"Firstly, the ban on the importation of bangladeshi workers in 1997: the ruling was introduced after strong public condemnation of bangladeshi male workers ..."
6. Environmental Regulation and Food Safety: Studies of Protection and by Veena Jha (2005)
"These factors seriously constrain the ability of bangladeshi firms to pursue ... As in other LDCs, bangladeshi plants also lack sufficient funds to invest ..."
7. International Mobility of the Highly Skilled by Oecd (2002)
"Indian, Pakistani/bangladeshi and mixed/other originl with the employment ... Indians are among the top two groups, after the Pakistani/bangladeshi who work ..."