Definition of Banking company
1. Noun. A financial institution that accepts deposits and channels the money into lending activities. "That bank holds the mortgage on my home"
Generic synonyms: Financial Institution, Financial Organisation, Financial Organization
Group relationships: Banking Industry, Banking System
Specialized synonyms: Credit Union, Federal Reserve Bank, Reserve Bank, Agent Bank, Commercial Bank, Full Service Bank, State Bank, Agent Bank, Lead Bank, Member Bank, Acquirer, Merchant Bank, Acquirer, Thrift Institution, Home Loan Bank
Derivative terms: Bank, Bank, Bank
Banking Company Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Banking Company Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Banking Company
Literary usage of Banking company
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1921)
"(106 SE) under a fl. fa. in favor of the Loganville banking company. Judgment ordering the case to proceed In the. name of the banking company for the use ..."
2. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1910)
"tion of the Stocks of the Georgia Railroad ft banking company and of the Washington Railroad or Plank Road Company, Incorporated February the Fifth, ..."
3. Transactions by American philosophical society (1850)
"Besides these which are the most ancient Banks in Scotland, there are numerous others, such as the Aberdeen banking company, the Aberdeen town and county ..."
4. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Courts of Exchequer by Great Britain Court of Exchequer, Roger Meeson, William Newland Welsby, John Innes Clark Hare, Great Britain Court of Exchequer Chamber, Horace Binney Wallace (1849)
"46, by the name of the Mil-field and Huddersfield District banking company. In 1836, H. & Co., bankers, relinquished their business in favour of, ..."
5. Palmer's Index to "The Times" NewspaperTimes (Londo (1893)
"14 / 10 A—3/ 5 a banking company of Sydney, 21 j 5 a— 28 / 4 a —— Comparison of the Position of the Bank of England with Consols and French Rentes, ..."
6. A History of Transportation in the Eastern Cotton Belt to 1860 by Ulrich Bonnell Phillips (1908)
"The Georgia Railroad and banking company became almost as prominent in banking as in transportation, and in the long run throve so greatly in its banking ..."
7. The Law Reports by Great Britain Court of Chancery, George Wirgman Hemming (1875)
"... banking company, , re The bills in question had been indorsed by (amongst other parties) Barneys banking company, and the payment thereof had Exparte ..."