2. Noun. (informal) The practice among pets of overgrooming each other, leaving bald patches. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Barbering
1. barber [v] - See also: barber
Medical Definition of Barbering
1. The occupation concerned with the cutting and dressing of the hair of customers and, of men, the shaving and trimming of the beard and mustache. (12 Dec 1998)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Barbering
Literary usage of Barbering
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American and English Encyclopaedia of Law by David Shephard Garland, James Cockcroft, Lucius Polk McGehee, Charles Porterfield (1904)
"prohibit barbering,1 trading, bartering, selling or buying goods, wares, ... barbering is " labor." State v. Frederick, 45 Ark. 348, 55 Am. Rep. ..."
2. The Ohio Nisi Prius Reports by Ohio Courts (1917)
"While Section 13047, General Code, which prohibits barbering on Sunday, contains no exception in favor of persons who conscientiously observe the seventh ..."
3. Rose's Notes on the United States Supreme Court Reports (2 Dallas to 241 by Walter Malins Rose, Charles Lawrence Thompson, United States Supreme Court (1920)
"178, upholding act of 1903, prohibiting barbering on Sunday; State v. ... 5G6, 123 NW 102, barbering is not work of necessity within Sunday law; ..."
4. The American Reports: Containing All Decisions of General Interest Decided by Isaac Grant Thompson, Irving Browne (1880)
"It follows that although defendant is prohibited from following his avocation of barbering on Sunday, yet as the statute fixes a penalty for such violation, ..."