Definition of Baud rate
1. Noun. (computer science) a data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
Generic synonyms: Information Measure
Baud Rate Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Baud Rate Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Baud Rate
baud rate (current term)
Literary usage of Baud rate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. SAS(R) 9.1 Companion for Windows by SAS Institute (2004)
"BAUD= sets the baud rate. The value for baud-rate depends on your communications hardware. It must be an integer. This host option is valid only if you ..."
2. How to Acquire Japanese Scientific and Technical Information (1993)
"Local phone number for TYMNET (for the baud rate specified by you). ... Data length: 7 bits Parity: even Stop bit: 1 Flow control: on baud rate: 300,1200 or ..."
3. The Information Universe: Issues in Informing Science and Information by Informing Science Institute, Eli Cohen, Ed. (2006)
"You can usually send signals a bit farther than this as long as the baud rate is low enough. Asynchronous communication For the computer to understand the ..."
4. Educator's Guide to Electronic Networking: Creating Virtual Communities by Barbara L. Kurshans (1996)
"baud rate—The speed at which telecommunications data are transmitted from one computer to another. The rate is measured in bits per second. ..."
5. Network Security by David J. Stang (1991)
"... the baud rate does not equal the data rate in bits per second. Many users substitute baud for bps. Baudot Code. A data code using five bits found on ..."