Definition of Be intimate
1. Verb. Have sexual intercourse with. "Sam cannot be intimate Sue "; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
Related verbs: Make Out, Neck
Specialized synonyms: Have, Take, Fornicate
Generic synonyms: Copulate, Couple, Mate, Pair
Derivative terms: Bed, Fuck, Fucker, Fucking, Love, Love, Lover, Screw, Screwing
Language type: Archaism
Be Intimate Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Be Intimate Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Be Intimate
Literary usage of Be intimate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Curran and his contemporaries by Charles Phillips (1850)
"Now, if you breakfasted and dined with that fellow for a hundred years, you could not be intimate with him—he would not even be seen to smile, lest anybody ..."
2. Sermons on Several Occasions by John Wesley (1836)
"But must I not be intimate with my relations; and that, whether they fear God or not 1 Has not his providence recommended these to me ? ..."
3. The "goldfish": Being the Confessions of a Successful Man by Arthur Cheney Train (1914)
"... not knowing how to be intimate with a parent who crosses their path only twice a week, and then on the stairs. My son has attended to his own career now ..."
4. The Works of the Reverend John Wesley, A.M. by John Wesley (1840)
"But must I not be intimate with my relations; and that, whether they fear God or not \ Has not his providence recommended these to me ? ..."