¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Beachcombing
1. beachcomb [v] - See also: beachcomb
Lexicographical Neighbors of Beachcombing
Literary usage of Beachcombing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide to the Pacific Northwest by Don Young, Marjorie Young (1999)
"On Foot beachcombing & Rockhounding Given the length of the Oregon coastline, it is no surprise that beachcombing is a very popular pastime. ..."
2. Adventure Guide to the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park by Bruce Morris (2004)
"beachcombing It's hard to find a long stretch of undeveloped beach, but once you do, ... beachcombing."
3. Adventure Guide to the Bahamas by Blair Howard (2002)
"They also conduct trips to Snake Cay for swimming and to Wyndham Bay for beachcombing. On Wednesdays and Sundays the tour heads south again. ..."
4. Cancun, Cozumel and Riviera Maya Alive by Bruce Conord (2005)
"After snorkeling on a colorful coral reef on the way over, we spent our time beachcombing among the rock pools while the others sunbathed and swam. ..."
5. British Columbia Adventure Guide by Lynn Readicker-Henderson (2004)
"the local hiking, beachcombing and clam-digging areas, as well as to arrange fishing trips for crab, ... Clam digging and beachcombing are popular all along ..."
6. Mexico's Pacific Coast by Vivien Lougheed (2004)
"beachcombing, snorkeling and diving are good activities here. To get to the beach, ... Swimming isn't so good most of the time, but beachcombing is. ..."
7. Yucatan by Bruce Conord, June Conord (2005)
"After snorkeling on a colorful coral reef on the way over, we spent lots of our time beachcombing among the rock pools while the others in the group ..."