Definition of Bedell
1. Noun. (obsolete) (alternative spelling of beadle) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Bedell
1. bedel [n -S] - See also: bedel
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bedell Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bedell
bedell (current term)
Literary usage of Bedell
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Notes and Queries by Martim de Albuquerque (1860)
"but this may not have been bedell. A Bible in Irish character, ... bedell: which copy was sold with the rest of Mr. Baker's books at an auction in Cambridge ..."
2. Family Records, Or, Genealogies of the First Settlers of Passaic Valley and by John Littell (1851)
"There was also an Elder Jacob bedell. ELDER JOHN bedell, married ... Susannah, Old MII bedell, widow of Elder Jacob bedell, died 9th September, 1773, » * 5. ..."
3. Works of the Camden Society by Camden Society (Great Britain), Royal Historical Society (Great Britain) (1872)
"A. bedell being, observes His Grace of Dublin, grievously afflicted with the ... Ambrose bedell to the Archbishop of Canterbury (Tanner Collection xxxv. ..."
4. Collections of the New York Historical Society for the Year by New-York Historical Society, George Folsom (1901)
"bedell, Amos, 324. bedell, Bettsy, 324. bedell, Catharine. 13. bedell, Israel, 74. bedell, John, 40. bedell, John, Jr.. 13. bedell, Joseph, 103, 324. ..."
5. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1905)
"bedell, in issuing the forged chucks and fabricating the false papers to conceal his crimes, did not act as the plaintiffs' agent, and his acts in this ..."
6. The New Englander by William Lathrop Kingsley (1882)
"1882. ix. and 194 pages. f The bedell Lecture for 1881. The World's Witness to Jesus Christ The power of Christianity in developing modern civilization. ..."
7. Introduction to the Study of English History by Samuel Rawson Gardiner (1903)
"bedell, and the Dukes of Hamilton. The Life of Colonel Hutchinson,1 by his widow, ... The Lives of BISHOP bedell 4 supply a graphic description of the ..."