Definition of Beet sugar
1. Noun. Sugar made from sugar beets.
2. Noun. Sugar from sugar beets used as sweetening agent.
Medical Definition of Beet sugar
1. D-sucrose. See: sucrose. (05 Mar 2000)
Beet Sugar Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Beet Sugar Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Beet Sugar
Literary usage of Beet sugar
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Index of Economic Material in Documents of the States of the United States by Adelaide Rosalia Hasse (1912)
"A. Mot., of Columbus, of the beet sugar Industry Into ... The beet sugar industry in Ohio; by Prof. AD Selby; discussion. (8 same 1897/8: 584-597. ..."
2. Annual Report by Ohio State Board of Agriculture (1909)
"beet sugar has been manufactured however in this country more or less for a ... In California more or less beet sugar has been made for a large number of ..."
3. Popular Science Monthly (1902)
"Germany not only was the pioneer in the manufacture of beet sugar, ... It was not until 1799 that the first beet sugar factory was established by Achard, ..."
4. The Sugar-beet in America by Franklin Stewart Harris (1919)
"CHAPTER II DEVELOPMENT OF THE BEET-SUGAR INDUSTRY THE beet-sugar industry has grown in a century from nothing to its present enormous proportions. ..."
5. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1898)
"In it are given short and easily understood directions for sampling and analyzing the raw material and products which the chemist of a beet-sugar house or ..."
6. Cyclopedia of American Agriculture: A Popular Survey of Agricultural by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1907)
"Some of the' magazines are : American Sugar Industry and Beet-Sugar Gazette ; The Sugar-Beet ... The Manufacture of Beet-Sugar. Figs. 823-825. By <}. ..."