Definition of Beijing
1. Noun. Capital of the People's Republic of China in the Hebei province in northeastern China; 2nd largest Chinese city.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Cathay, China, Communist China, Mainland China, People's Republic Of China, Prc, Red China
Terms within: Forbidden City
Definition of Beijing
1. Proper noun. The capital of the People's Republic of China. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Beijing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Beijing
Literary usage of Beijing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Crisis in the Taiwan Strait: Implications for U. S. Foreign Policy edited by Doug Bereuter (1996)
"At some point, this kind of bilateral dialog between our Congress and the NPC in beijing might open possibilities for direct cross- strait exchange, ..."
2. Detained in China and Tibet: A Directory of Political and Religious Prisoners by Robin Munro, Mickey Spiegel, Asia Watch Committee (U.S.) (1994)
"LI Jiangfeng, 21, a student at the beijing University of Science and Technology, was arrested on June 15, 1989 in Hebei and accused of being a leading ..."
3. The Cold War in Asia by Cold War International History Project (1996)
"How did beijing react to Washington's escalation of the conflict in Vietnam? ... How and why did a close relationship between beijing and Hanoi turn sour ..."
4. Police Abuse and Killings of Street Children in India by Arvind Ganesan, Patricia Gossman (1996)
"Appendix C: The United Nations Minimum Rules for the Administration of Juvenile Justice (The beijing Rules) United Nations Standard Minimum Rules for the ..."
5. Behind the Label: "Made in China" by Charles Kernaghan (1998)
"June 1,1989, for printing leaflets protesting at 89 crackdown Released: November 1,1990 Apprehended:June 24,1992, beijing, in connection with pro-democracy ..."
6. U. S. Children in Confinement in Louisiana (1995)
"APPENDIX m: UNITED NATIONS STANDARD MINIMUM RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF JUVENILE JUSTICE (THE beijing RULES) United Nations Standard Minimum Rules for ..."