¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Belah
1. an Australian tree [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Belah Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Belah
belah (current term)
Literary usage of Belah
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Sir Archibald Murray's Despatches by Sir Archibald James Murray (1920)
"I therefore instructed the General Officer Commanding, Eastern Force, to concentrate the Desert Column about Deir el belah, a small village to the ..."
2. Transactions of the Manchester Geological Society by Manchester Geological Society (1873)
"Between the junction of the belah and the Eden and belah Bridge, ... Just above belah Bridge, these breccias and sandstones are finely exhibited on the ..."
3. The New York Times Current History (1918)
"A railway line was also laid from Deir el belah to the Wadi ... made and the necessary material accumulated to push forward the lines from Deir el belah and ..."
4. Memoirs and Proceedings by Manchester Literary and Philosophical Society (1857)
"... as similar beds in the belah have been by experienced geologists, if it were not for the fact that both the Westward and belah deposits contain ..."