2. Adjective. Beset by trouble or difficulty. ¹
3. Verb. (past of beleaguer) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Beleaguered
1. beleaguer [v] - See also: beleaguer
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Beleaguered Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Beleaguered
Literary usage of Beleaguered
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Inside the German Empire in the Third Year of the War by Herbert Bayard Swope (1917)
"CHAPTER V THE SPIRIT OF THE beleaguered EMPIRE Germany sobered to-day—Calls herself a "beleaguered fortress" and establishes ..."
2. Reminiscences of the "filibuster" War in Nicaragua by Charles William Doubleday (1886)
"The Americans beleaguered in Rivas—Accept terms from the enemy —They leave Nicaragua—Subsequent efforts at return—Tried for violation of the neutrality ..."