Definition of Benign prostatic hyperplasia
1. Noun. Enlarged prostate; appears to be part of the natural aging process.
Medical Definition of Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Lexicographical Neighbors of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Literary usage of Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"Urine samples were then obtained for 54 additional patients (most being evaluated for benign prostatic hyperplasia) whose selection was based on their ..."
2. Mammalian Models for Research on Aging by Bennett J. Cohen, Institute Of Laboratory Animal Resources, National Research Council Staff (1981)
"benign prostatic hyperplasia Definition and Clinical Manifestations Benign ... Five different histological types of benign prostatic hyperplasia have been ..."
3. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U. S. Preventive by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Semjonow A, Hamm M, Rathert P, Hertle L. Prostate-specific antigen corrected for prostate volume improves differentiation of benign prostatic hyperplasia ..."
4. Costs And Effectiveness Of Prostate Cancer Screening In Elderly Menby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"quire transrectal resection of the prostate (TURP) for progressive benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). This analysis assumes that radical prostatectomy ..."