Definition of Besat
1. besit [v] - See also: besit
Lexicographical Neighbors of Besat
Literary usage of Besat
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Archiv for Mathematik Og Naturvidenskab by Sophus Lie, Worm Müller, G. O. Sars (1877)
"... delvis ligesom omfatter Basis af sidste Led; paa den ydre Side træder denne frie Rand mere ud fra Leddet og danner her et stumpt med fine Børster besat ..."
2. The Historians of Scotland (1880)
"Accordingly, hosts of the friends of either side appearing, they proclaimed William besat, as also his friends who were consenting and acting parties, ..."
3. The Bruce: Or, The Book of the Most Excellent and Noble Prince, Robert de by John Barbour, John Lydgate (1894)
"... 435 ; taken by the Scotch, 17. 15-260 ; besieged by the English, 17. 261-490; siege raised, 17. 519, 19. 39, 20. 60, 83, 114, 318. besat, Bisset, 14. ..."
4. Egypt Under the Pharaohs: A History Derived Entirely from the Monuments by Heinrich Karl Brugsch (1891)
"... by the fan-bearer Karo, by the councillor Pa-besat, by the scribe Mai of the chancery, and by the standard-bearer Hor-a, and who were judged and found ..."