¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Bhangra
1. a form of popular Punjabi dance music [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bhangra Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bhangra
bhangra (current term)
Literary usage of Bhangra
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Vegetable Materia Medica of Western India by William Dymock (1885)
"Mahometan writers follow the Hindus in their descriptions of the medicinal properties of bhangra, which is known to the Arabs as Kadim-el-bint. ..."
2. Punjab Plants: Comprising Botanical and Vernacular Names, and Uses of Most by John Lindsay Stewart (1869)
"Bazar, plant, bhangra, muk- and babri. Abundant all over in the plains at moist places, and occasional to 5000 feet in the hills. The plant is officinal, ..."
3. Hand-book of the Economic Products of the Punjab: With a Combined Index and by Baden Henry Baden-Powell (1868)
"... bhangra," and " khaki." When the bhang has been gathered and placed in a store-house, as soon as it is dry, persons go in with their faces covered with ..."
4. India by Nelles Verlag Staff, Shalini Saran (1999)
"Right: The bhangra dance reflects the robust character of the people of Punjab. north is Kurukshetra. the scene of the epic battle narrated in the ..."