Definition of Bicycle pump
1. Noun. A small pump that fills bicycle tires with air.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bicycle Pump
Literary usage of Bicycle pump
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report by Illinois Farmers' Institute (1905)
"Another man who did not have oxygen handy, took a bicycle pump and injected air into the udder and massaged it and the cow stricken with milk fever became ..."
2. Popular Mechanics Shop Notes (1905)
"HOW TO MAKE A SMALL AIR COMPRESSOR Anyone possessing, or able to obtain an old bicycle pump can, without much difficulty, mnke a small air compressor which ..."
3. A Respiration Calorimeter with Appliances for the Direct Determination of Oxygen by Wilbur Olin Atwater, Francis Gano Benedict (1905)
"By means of the bicycle pump the desired pressure is put on the absorber, ... Pressure is then put on the system by means of the bicycle pump and the ..."
4. The Elements of Physics by Silas Ellsworth Coleman (1906)
"A bicycle pump is a compression pump of very simple construction. It has but one valve, ... (Examine a bicycle pump and explain its action.) FIG. 29. ..."