Definition of Bidings
1. biding [n] - See also: biding
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bidings
Literary usage of Bidings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Homes of Family Names in Great Britain by Henry Brougham Guppy (1890)
"14 ; Worcestershire, 22 ; Yorkshire, West Biding, 56 ; Yorkshire, North and East bidings, 23. Holme is a rare Lancashire form. Holness—Honess. Kent, 27. ..."
2. A Collection of the Public General Statutes Passed in the ... Year of the by Great Britain (1865)
"Where a County is divided into bidings or Divisions, and a Prison is maintained at the common Expense of such bidings or Divisions, that County shall in ..."
3. The Publishers Weekly by R.R. Bowker Company, Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association (1894)
"Green, AK $1 ; p. yx.Putnam Market gardening and farm notes. Landreth, B. $i. Orange Judd Co Marking the boundary. BiDings, EE $1.50. Prici-McG Marlitt, E., ..."
4. The Works of William Makepeace Thackeray by William Makepeace Thackeray, Sir Leslie Stephen (1898)
"Frank would not listen to his comrade's gloomy fore- bidings, but swore they would keep his birthday at Castlewood that autumn, after the campaign. ..."
5. Hakluytus posthumus: Contayning a History of the World in Sea Voyages and by Samuel Purchas (1905)
"They are in marvellous awe of the Spaniards, and very simple people, and live savagely: For they brought us to their bidings about two miles from the ..."
6. Hakluytus Posthumus, Or, Purchas His Pilgrimes: Contayning a History of the by Samuel Purchas (1905)
"They are in marvellous awe of the Spaniards, and very simple people, and live savagely: For they brought us to their bidings about two miles ..."
7. A Half Century of Public Health: Jubilee Historical Volume of the American by American Public Health Association (1921)
"BiDings looked upon 30 cubic feet as a minimum but with provisions for increasing this to 60 should the occasion ..."
8. Hispanic Anthology by Thomas Walsh (1920)
"... upon. king that ruled us,— of Aragon,— e tidings? graces schooled us, sdom smiled upon, bidings? ..."