¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Biennale
1. a biennial show [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Biennale
Literary usage of Biennale
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance, 1999 edited by Barry Leonard (1999)
"These range from $40000 for a print exhibition to the Ljubljana Graphics Biennial, to $300000 for the Venice biennale. PROGRAM ACCOMPLISHMENTS: The ..."
2. Adventure Guide to Venice & the Veneto by Marissa Fabris (2005)
"Venice's cultural organization, La biennale was established in 1893 and held its first ... Since then, the biennale has come to represent the visual ..."
3. Sandberg, Designer and Director of the Stedelijk by Ad Petersen (2004)
"Appointed commissioner for the Dutch Pavilion at the Venice biennale. ... Compiles for the Venice biennale a Mondrian exhibition which owing to a general ..."
4. Crossover: Architecture, Urbanism, Technology by Ad Graafland, Leslie Jaye Kavanaugh, George Baird (2006)
"Architecture biennale Venice in Italian Pavilion, 2000, interactive painting. ... world and the visitors at the biennale installation Trans-Ports • When you ..."
5. Riga & Its Beachesby Farrol Kahn by Farrol Kahn (2004)
"... Dace Liela, Boris Berzins, Inta Ruka (photographer and former cleaning lady at the Swedish Embassy and Venice biennale 1999), Ojars Petersons (Professor ..."