Definition of Bilingual dictionary
1. Noun. A dictionary giving equivalent words in two languages.
Bilingual Dictionary Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bilingual Dictionary Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bilingual Dictionary
Literary usage of Bilingual dictionary
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The School World (1905)
"than the use of the bilingual dictionary or vocabulary by the pupils. .... bilingual dictionary ..."
2. Proceedings of the second Pan American scientific congress: Washington, U. S by Glen Levin Swiggett (1917)
"... happen to know them, and we do not know them because we do not have a good dictionary—a good bilingual dictionary. I wish to make a final suggestion. ..."
3. Methods of Teaching Modern Languages: Papers on the Value and on Methods of by Aaron Marshall Elliott, Calvin Thomas, Edward Southey Joynes, Waterman Thomas Hewett, Frederick Caesar de Sumichrast, August Lodeman, Frederick Morris Warren, Eugene Howard Babbitt, Charles Hall Grandgent, O. B. (Ovando Byron) Super, Charles Frederick (1893)
"Yet, notwithstanding all these reasons, it would sometimes seem as though we had rejected a valuable aid by dispensing with a bilingual dictionary, ..."
4. Guide to the Study and Use of Reference Books by Alice Bertha Kroeger, American Library Association, Isadore Gilbert Mudge (1917)
"The ordinary bilingual dictionary is generally very satisfactory for most words of the "literary" language but is often weak in scientific terms and popular ..."
5. The Practical Study of Languages: A Guide for Teachers and Learners by Henry Sweet (1906)
"Every complete bilingual dictionary is twofold: a German- English implies as its complement an English-German dictionary. For many purposes it is convenient ..."