Definition of Blood disease
1. Noun. A disease or disorder of the blood.
Specialized synonyms: Cytopenia, Acidemia, Alkalemia, Acanthocytosis, Agranulocytosis, Agranulosis, Granulocytopenia, Analbuminemia, Banti's Disease, Banti's Syndrome, Parasitaemia, Parasitemia, Bleeder's Disease, Haemophilia, Hemophilia, Afibrinogenemia, Blood Poisoning, Septicaemia, Septicemia, Erythroblastosis, Haemoglobinopathy, Hemoglobinopathy, Histiocytosis, Hydremia, Hypothrombinemia, Hypervolaemia, Hypervolemia, Hypovolaemia, Hypovolemia, Anaemia, Anemia, Leucocytosis, Leukocytosis, Leucopenia, Leukopenia, Lymphocytopenia, Lymphopenia, Lymphocytosis, Microcytosis, Polycythemia, Peliosis, Purpura, Thrombocytopenia, Thrombopenia, Uratemia, Uricaciduria
Generic synonyms: Blood Dyscrasia
Lexicographical Neighbors of Blood Disease
Literary usage of Blood disease
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Retrospect of Practical Medicine and Surgery: Being a Half-yearly edited by William Braithwaite, James Braithwaite, Edmond Fauriel Trevelyan (1849)
"... DISEASE OF ТНК KIDNEYS," ESSENTIALLY AND PRIMARILY A blood disease. ... chronic blood disease. ..."
2. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1861)
"APPENDIX B.—In answer to remarks made by Dr. Rogers, that he not only thinks diphtheria to be a blood disease, but that, as such, it cannot be a parasitic ..."
3. Clinical lectures on diseases of women by Sir James Young Simpson (1863)
"... sufficed to explain its nature and peculiarities, attempts hav been made by some authors to trace the ORIGIN OF PHLEGMASIA DOLENS IN blood disease. ..."
4. The Science and Art of Surgery: Being a Treatise on Surgical Injuries by Marcus Beck (1884)
"But if by blood-disease be meant a disease ш which the blood actually contains the cancer-cell, as the blood in gout does the materies morbi of that ..."