Definition of Blue-belly
1. Noun. Common western lizard; seen on logs or rocks.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Blue-belly
Literary usage of Blue-belly
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of the Vertebrates of the Northern United States: Including the by David Starr Jordan (1878)
"LONG-EARED SUN FISHES. 1. X. megalotis, (Raf.) Jor. BLUE AND ORANGE SUN FISH. SUN PERCH. Brilliant blue and orange, back chiefly blue, belly entirely orange ..."
2. My Circular Notes: Extracts from Journals, Letters Sent Home, Geological and by John Francis Campbell (1876)
"The little Blue belly bathed and then the other little boys saw that he was of their kind and harmless, and played with him thenceforth. ..."
3. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History by American Museum of Natural History (1907)
"Under surface of female iridescent, throat patches small and light blue in color, throat elsewhere delicately suffused with blue. Belly white. ..."
4. A Manual of the Vertebrate Animals of the Northern United States: Including by David Starr Jordan (1904)
"Rich greenish blue ; breast also blue; belly white; 9 with Pale drab instead of blue, on breast, etc.; size of others, or smaller. ..."