Definition of Blueprints
1. Noun. (plural of blueprint) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of blueprint) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Blueprints
1. blueprint [v] - See also: blueprint
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Blueprints Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Blueprints
Literary usage of Blueprints
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Engineering Office Systems and Methods: Together with Schedules and by John Percival Davies (1915)
"Further records are kept in the form of blueprint folios, which are loose-leaf books of the blueprints arranged according to their general groups and sizes. ..."
2. Mechanical Drawing: A Treatise on the Drawing of Mechanisms and Machine Details by Franklin Day Jones (1920)
"Making blueprints from blueprints. —- A method of making blueprints from ... It has been used with success to make blueprints from printed matter. ..."
3. Mathematics for Machinists by Reuben Wesley Burnham (1915)
"CHAPTER IV blueprints If a machinist is to do his work intelligently, ... There are certain definite ways of expressing things in blueprints, ..."
4. The American Machinist Shop Note Book: A Collection of Articles by E.A. Suverkrop (1919)
"blueprints FROM PENCILED TRACINGS If drawings made with pencil on tracing paper are not afterward traced with india ink on tracing cloth, the blueprints ..."
5. Carpentry and Contracting: A Practical Reference Work on Carpentry, Building by American Technical Society (1919)
"Process of Making blueprints. blueprints are contact prints; that is, ... Those firms which use large numbers of blueprints often coat their own paper. ..."
6. Elements of Drawing by George Frederick Blessing, Lewis Andrew Darling (1912)
"blueprints. A tracing is used as a negative in reproducing copies of a ... Such prints are termed " blueprints " because the reproduced drawing is in white ..."
7. Blueprinting by John Frank Friese (1919)
"CHAPTER III MAKING blueprints 29. Essential Provisions. — The drawings from which blueprints are desired should first be reproduced on a translucent ..."
8. A Text-book of Topographical Drawing by Frank Thomas Daniels (1907)
"Making Corrections on blueprints. Lines which are to be eliminated may be gone over carefully with water color mixed to match the color of the background. ..."