Definition of Boarders

1. Noun. (plural of boarder) ¹

¹ Source:

Definition of Boarders

1. boarder [n] - See also: boarder

Boarders Pictures

Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Boarders Images

Lexicographical Neighbors of Boarders

board of education
board of regents
board of selectmen
board of trustees
board out
board room
board rooms
board rule
board shorts
board up
boarded up
boarders (current term)
boarding card
boarding house
boarding houses
boarding parties
boarding party
boarding school
boarding schools
boarding up

Literary usage of Boarders

Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:

1. The Immigration Problem: A Study of American Immigration Conditions and Needs by Jeremiah Whipple Jenks, William Jett Lauck, Rufus Daniel Smith (1922)
"boarders AND LODGERS Overcrowding is perhaps most frequently shown by the keeping of boarders or lodgers. In the cities investigated by the Immigration ..."

2. Immigration and Labor: The Economic Aspects of European Immigration to the by Isaac Aaronovich Hourwich (1922)
"In reality, however, the 52 per cent of the Croatians who keep boarders or lodgers do not help to pay the rent of the other 48 per cent who keep none. ..."

3. Homestead: The Households of a Mill Town by Margaret Frances Byington (1910)
"One-half the cost of the food was paid by the boarders including the brother, ... FOOD PURCHASED ON SPECIAL ORDER FOR boarders DURING MONTH ACCOUNT WAS KEPT ..."

4. The American and English Encyclopedia of Law by John Houston Merrill, Charles Frederic Williams, Thomas Johnson Michie, David Shephard Garland (1890)
"Guests and boarders—Distinction Between.—There are two classes of persons who are entertained by inn keepers for reward, guests and boarders.1 The ..."

5. A Treatise on the Law of Domestic Relations: Embracing Husband and Wife by James Schouler, Arthur Walker Blakemore (1921)
"In Keeping boarders. A wife cannot recover for board furnished to one living in the family of which her husband is the head, in the absence of a contract ..."

Other Resources Relating to: Boarders

Search for Boarders on!Search for Boarders on!Search for Boarders on Google!Search for Boarders on Wikipedia!