Definition of Body part
1. Noun. Any part of an organism such as an organ or extremity.
Specialized synonyms: Saddle, Underpart, Horseback, Dock, Ambulacrum, Withers, Cannon, Shank, Loin, Lumbus, Croup, Croupe, Hindquarters, Rump, Gaskin, Flank, Thorax, Apparatus, Adnexa, Annexa, Area, Region, Dilator, Groove, Vallecula, Partition, External Body Part, Anatomical Structure, Bodily Structure, Body Structure, Complex Body Part, Structure, Fornix, System, Ampulla, Tissue, Mentum, Organ, Venter, Energid, Protoplast, Appendage, Outgrowth, Process, Lobe, Rectum, Shoulder, Body, Torso, Trunk, Chest, Pectus, Thorax, Thorax, Hip, Haunch, Abdomen, Belly, Stomach, Venter, Dorsum, Back, Dorsum, Small, Arse, Ass, Backside, Behind, Bottom, Bum, Buns, Butt, Buttocks, Can, Derriere, Fanny, Fundament, Hind End, Hindquarters, Keister, Nates, Posterior, Prat, Rear, Rear End, Rump, Seat, Stern, Tail, Tail End, Tooshie, Tush, Buttock, Cheek, Stump, Shank, Shin, Toe, Articulatio, Articulation, Joint, Loins, Feature, Lineament, Rudiment
Terms within: Corpus
Generic synonyms: Part, Piece
Definition of Body part
1. Noun. (anatomy) any part of an organism such as an organ or extremity ¹
2. Noun. Vehicle part of the body. ¹
3. Noun. the portion of a work of writing taking up the greatest part of the page ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Body Part
Literary usage of Body part
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Monthly Review by Ralph Griffiths (1830)
"A Demonstration of the Nerves of the Human Body. Part 1.—The Cervical and Thoracic Portions of the Sympathetic and the Nerves of the Thoracic ..."
2. Debris from a Public Dining Place in the Athenian Agora by Susan I. Rotroff, John Howard Oakley (1992)
"Three joined sherds from the body. Part of the face, right arm, and upper torso of a bearded male figure who stands frontally and looks left, right hand on ..."
3. The Monthly Magazine by Benjamin Franklin Collection (Library of Congress), Richard Phillips (1813)
"It being necessary for the body part of all types to be raised to such a height or thickness, as to make the face of the proper height for printing, ..."
4. Proceedings of the United States Naval Institute by United States Naval Institute (1895)
"The ridge part would retard the carburizing of the body part, ... In the latter case, the fact that the ridge part separates the body part from the source ..."
5. Darwinism To-day: A Discussion of Present-day Scientific Criticism of the by Vernon Lyman Kellogg (1907)
"The second phase is: "It is highly improbable that in the development of a complicated organ, or body-part, or in the perfecting of a changing adaptation ..."
6. A Treatise on Disputed Handwriting and the Determination of Genuine from by William Elijah Hagan (1894)
"Referring to the letters " erly," including the body-part of the second letter " p," illustrated upon Plate I, it will be observed that, after making the ..."
7. Entomological News and Proceedings of the Entomological Section of the by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Entomological Section (1900)
"The larva is footless, but each body part (not body segment) bears a pair of ... one of which lies on the median ventral aspect of each body part (Fig. ..."