Definition of Boeuf
1. Noun. Meat from an adult domestic bovine.
Group relationships: Bos Taurus, Cattle, Cows, Kine, Oxen
Generic synonyms: Meat
Terms within: Cut Of Beef, Beef Loin
Specialized synonyms: Ground Beef, Hamburger, Bully Beef, Corn Beef, Corned Beef, Pastrami
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Boeuf Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Boeuf
boeuf (current term)
boeuf fondu bourguignon
Literary usage of Boeuf
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Statutes at Large: Containing the Laws and Concurrent by United States (1869)
"... Weas, and Piankeshaws, Ottawas of Blanchard's Fork and Roche de boeuf, and certain Wyandottes ; Concluded February'23, 1867; Ratification advised, ..."
2. Twelve Years a Slave: Narrative of Solomon Northup, a Citizen of New-York by Solomon Northup (1855)
"... corn-mill and other erections on the plantation at Bayou boeuf, not yet completed. It was therefore necessary, in order to meet these demands, ..."
3. Colonial Records of Pennsylvania by Samuel Hazard (1853)
"... at Le boeuf, at the head of the navigation of French creek, at the mouth of Conewango, in the county of Allegany, and at the fort of ..."
4. A New Gazetteer of the United States of America ...: Including by William Darby, Theodore Dwight (1833)
"boeuf, large bayou or creek of La. has its I source in the pine forests, ... The valley of boeuf generally separates the pine forest land from the annually ..."
5. The Industrial Resources, Etc., of the Southern and Western States by James Dunwoody Brownson De Bow (1852)
"... Bartholomew 150 Bayou boeuf 150 Bayou Ma^on 175 Tennessee 730 Bayou Louis... The population which depends upon the lakes Tor a market, ..."