2. Noun. (Australia slang very pejorative) An Australian aborigine. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Boong
1. offensive word for a coloured person [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Boong
boong (current term)
Literary usage of Boong
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Teach Me Korean by Judy Mahoney (2001)
"Little Car boong boong boong boong boong, a tiny car •The little car on its way Translations boong boong boong, it smells the flowers Which give the little ..."
2. Nineteenth Century Letters by Byron Johnson Rees (1919)
"One has been disenchanted by a great hotel to which a steamboat runs innumerably every day with a band—the energetic boong! boong!—boong! boong! boong! ..."
3. Letters of James Russell Lowell by James Russell Lowell, Charles Eliot Norton (1904)
"One has been disenchanted by a great hotel, to which a steamboat runs innumerably every day with a band — the energetic boong ! boong ! — boong! boong ! ..."
4. The Knickerbocker: Or, New-York Monthly Magazine by Charles Fenno Hoffman, Timothy Flint, Lewis Gaylord Clark, Kinahan Cornwallis, John Holmes Agnew (1853)
"Still those knocks, those forceful blows that made every thing ring; the echo of the sounds interrupted by yet more blows, and whiz-zz, bang, boong, bing, ..."
5. Japan: Being a Sketch of the History, Government and Officers of the Empire by Walter G. Dickson (1869)
"This "boong" is a voluntary union between two persons, and is quite different from adoption. It is more of the character of a masonic connection. ..."