Definition of Booster rocket
1. Noun. The first stage of a multistage rocket.
Group relationships: Multistage Rocket, Step Rocket
Generic synonyms: Rocket, Rocket Engine
Derivative terms: Boost
Booster Rocket Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Booster Rocket Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Booster Rocket
Literary usage of Booster rocket
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Presidential Commission on the Space Shuttle Challenger Accident by Southgate Publishers, DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"The Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) was attached to the Inertial Upper Stage (IUS) booster rocket used to move the TDRS into geosynchronous orbit. ..."
2. The Problem With Space Travel: The Rocket Motor by Hermann Noordung, Ernest Stuhlinger, J. D. Hunley, Jennifer Garland (1995)
"Furthermore, a so-called "booster rocket" (Figure 28) is provided that is 2 meters high, ... Initially the booster rocket, which later will be jettisoned, ..."
3. Where No Man Has Gone Before: A History of Apollo Lunar Exploration Missions by William D. Compton (1996)
"Apart from its essential impact on the booster rocket and spacecraft, the mission mode would determine how much ..."
4. Ninth Day of Creationby Leonard Crane by Leonard Crane (2000)
"The booster rocket on the missile had fired its engine. "Second missile breaking the surface... Another launch from Master One... Make that two launches. ..."