Definition of Bramble bush
1. Noun. Any prickly shrub of the genus Rubus bearing edible aggregate fruits.
Specialized synonyms: Bush Lawyer, Lawyer Bush, Lawyerbush, Rubus Australis, Rubus Cissoides, Rubus Saxatilis, Stone Bramble, Blackberry, Blackberry Bush, Raspberry, Raspberry Bush
Generic synonyms: Bramble
Medical Definition of Bramble bush
Bramble Bush Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bramble Bush Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bramble Bush
Literary usage of Bramble bush
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Kindergarten Stories and Morning Talks by Sara Eliza Wiltse (1890)
"[The story of the bramble bush admirably connects bird life with the sheep, and suggests the interdependence of animals.] THE bramble bush AND THE LAMBS. ..."
2. History of the Crispe Family by Bernard John Cigrand (1901)
"... tree bring forth good fruit; every tree is known by his own fruit, for of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble- bush gather they grapes."—5/. ..."
3. First Reader by Maud Summers, Lucy Fitch Perkins, Marion L. Mahony (1908)
"THE bramble bush AND THE LAMBS. A bright happy brook ran through a pleasant ... When the sheep and lambs went down to drink they passed by the bramble bush. ..."
4. Plants of the Holy Land: With Their Fruits and Flowers, Beautifully by Henry Stafford Osborn (1861)
"There is a tradition that a bramble-bush lately shown near Mount Sinai was the identical bush in which Moses beheld the marvellous sight of an ..."