Definition of Bran muffin
1. Noun. Muffin containing bran.
Bran Muffin Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bran Muffin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bran Muffin
Literary usage of Bran muffin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Eat Your Food! Gastronomical Glory from Garden to Gut: A Coastalfields by Aaron Brachfeld, Aaron Brachfeld and Mary Choate, Mary Choate (2007)
"Those cardboard-like lumps with no flavor promoted by health gurus gave the bran muffin a bad reputation. While bran muffins are healthy and do provide you ..."
2. Dietetics for Nurses by Fairfax Throckmorton Proudfit (1922)
"... flour and bran muffin with 5 gm. butter Coffee with 15 gm. cream Lunch — 100 gm. cabbage 40 gm. corned beef 50 gm. tomato salad 1 soya meal muffin, ..."
3. Nutrition Education Materials & Audiovisuals for Grades 7 Through 12 by Shirley K. Evans (1996)
"... strawberries, orange, apple, coleslaw, carrot sticks, whole tomato, broccoli, oatmeal, brown rice, bran muffin, popcorn, chili with beans, kidney beans, ..."
4. The Health-care of the Growing Child: His Diet--hygiene--training by Fischer, Louis, Louis Fischer (1915)
"If constipated, bran muffin. Cup of milk or cocoa. DINNER: 12.00 to 1.00 Chicken, lamb, beef, or vegetable soup, expressed steak-juice. ..."