Definition of Brattleboro
1. Noun. A town in southeastern Vermont on the Connecticut River.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Brattleboro
Braun's holly fern
Braxton Hicks sign
Braxton Hicks version
Literary usage of Brattleboro
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Gazetteer and Business Directory of Windham County, Vt., 1724-1884 by Hamilton Child (1884)
"Plummer Charles, (West brattleboro) r 42, farmer, son of JH Plummer ... Pratt E. Austin, (West brattleboro) r 31, dealer in fine table cutlery and silver ..."
2. The Bibliography of Vermont: Or, A List of Books and Pamphlets Relating in by Marcus Davis Gilman (1897)
"brattleboro. A Description of the Brattle- boro Hydropathic Establishment, ... —The Attractions of brattleboro. Glimpses of the Past and Present. ..."
3. Encyclopedia, Vermont Biography: A Series of Authentic Biographical Sketches by Prentiss Cutler Dodge (1912)
"In 1880 married Eva Jan- ette Miller of brattleboro; they have four children, Irene Esther, Archie Gray, Harold Bradley, and Lucile Elizabeth. ..."
4. Biennial Report by Vermont Public Service Commission (1904)
"HJ Clark, West brattleboro, Vt. 0. K. Jones, brattleboro, Vt. Date of last meeting for election of directors: August 10, 1903 Post office address of general ..."
5. The Christian Examiner (1848)
"Description of the brattleboro Hydropathic Establishment, ... brattleboro. 1848. Royal 8vo. pp.32. 2. The Water-Cure, or Hydropathy. ..."
6. A Handbook of New England by Porter Sargent (1916)
"brattleboro to BENNINGTON. 42 0 m. This route traverses the southern part of ... At brattleboro Town Hall the route turns left on High St. up the valley of ..."
7. Field Genealogy: Being the Record of All the Field Family in America, Whose by Frederick Clifton Pierce (1901)
"24, 1836, Hannibal Hadley, of brattleboro, Vt. He was b. April 20, 1812; d. Oct. 29, 1884; was a provision and ice dealer; she res. ..."