Definition of Brazing
1. Verb. (present participle of braze) ¹
2. Noun. A method of joining metals by using heat and a filler ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Brazing
1. braze [v] - See also: braze
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Brazing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Brazing
Literary usage of Brazing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1922)
"When brazing metals that have a low melting point, the blowpipe flame should be withdrawn as soon as the spelter flows. Sometimes the composition of brass ..."
2. The American Sportsman: Containing Hints to Sportsmen, Notes on Shooting by Elisha Jarrett Lewis (1857)
"brazing AND BREECHING. The barrels for double-guns are now ... The practice of brazing is highly censured by Greener, who asserts that by this process the ..."
3. Welding: Theory, Practice, Apparatus and Tests, Electric, Thermit and Hot by Richard Newell Hart (1914)
"The brazing of brass is welding, except that the metal is not pounded together, but melted. The definitions for soldering and welding are given in the first ..."
4. Bulletin by United States Bureau of war risk insurance. Division of military and naval insurance, United States (1917)
"brazing is uniting parts by hard solder or spelter. ... Heat the joint with a blow torch or a pair of brazing tongs. When the solder molls remove tin- tongs ..."
5. Forging of Iron and Steel: A Text Book for the Use of Students in Colleges by William Allyn Richards (1915)
"QUESTIONS FOR REVIEW What is brazing? What is hard soldering? What is the principle of brazing? What fluxes are generally used? What is spelter? ..."
6. Aircraft and Automobile Materials of Construction by Arthur William Judge (1920)
"for maximum strength conditions, as in the case of brazing solder for high ... The following are the compositions of some typical brazing solders: TABLE CL. ..."
7. Stages to Saturn: A Technological History of the Apollo/Saturn Launch Vehicle by Roger E. Bilstein (1999)
"Thus the brazing procedures had to begin by electrolytically depositing a thin layer of pure nickel on the tubes to eliminate the refractory oxides on the ..."
8. Forging: Manual of Practical Instruction in Hand Forging of Wrought Iron by John Jernberg (1919)
"In brazing, however, the brass acts in joining two pieces of metal together ... When ready for brazing the joint is smeared with a flux (1 part sal ammoniac ..."