Definition of Breaker point
1. Noun. A contact in the distributor; as the rotor turns its projecting arm contacts them and current flows to the spark plugs.
Generic synonyms: Contact, Tangency
Group relationships: Distributer, Distributor, Electrical Distributor
Breaker Point Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Breaker Point Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Breaker Point
Literary usage of Breaker point
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Chinese Repository by Elijah Coleman Bridgman, S. W. Williams (1840)
"Immediately after rounding breaker point, the limit of our southern and commencement of ... The character of the land from breaker point to this place is ..."
2. Mexico and Central America Pilot (Pacific Coast) from the United States to by United States Hydrographic Office (1918)
"breaker point is a steep rocky headland, with numerous detached rocks lying to the ... Eastward of breaker point the land is lower, but rugged and barren, ..."
3. The Coral Lands of the Pacific: Their Peoples and Their Products by H. Stonehewer Cooper (1882)
"A little more than 1 mile from breaker point on the starboard-hand to Goat ... About half-way from breaker point to Goat Island, and near mid-channel, ..."
4. The India Directory: Or, Directions for Sailing to and from the East Indies by James Horsburgh (1852)
"From Cup-chi Point direct towards breaker point there are very regular soundings of 10 and 11 fathoms ; and in passing round the Great Bay there were 7 and ..."
5. Senate Documents, Otherwise Publ. as Public Documents and Executive by United States Congress. Senate (1874)
"Within tlie entrance, and more nearly opposite breaker point, ... From Breaker Point to head of bay on east and north side the coral IM'i« narrow, ..."