Definition of Breeder reactor
1. Noun. A nuclear reactor that produces more fissile material than it burns.
Medical Definition of Breeder reactor
Lexicographical Neighbors of Breeder Reactor
Literary usage of Breeder reactor
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"... fast breeder reactor plant with a thermal rating of 62.5 MW and an electrical output ... for irradiation testing of breeder reactor fuels and materials. ..."
2. Proceedings of the Workshop on Pyrochemical Separations: Avignon, France, 14 by European Commission, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2001)
"ANL has conducted a demonstration programme in which the development of the process was continued and a specified number of stored breeder reactor metallic ..."
3. Workshop on Advanced Nuclear Reactor Safety Issues and Research Needs: Paris by International Atomic Energy Agency, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2002)
"TG Theofanous and CR Bell, "Assessment of Clinch River breeder reactor Core Disruptive Accident Energetics", US Nuclear Regulatory Commission NUREG/CR-3224 ..."
4. Opportunity 2000: Creative Affirmative Action Strategies for a Changing (1988)
"Over the last three decades the United States has spent about $16 billion on breeder reactor technology. The liquid metal sodium-cooled fast breeder reactor ..."