Definition of Bromphenol blue
1. Noun. A dye used as an acid-base indicator.
Generic synonyms: Acid-base Indicator, Dye, Dyestuff
Medical Definition of Bromphenol blue
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bromphenol Blue
Literary usage of Bromphenol blue
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Chemical Nature of a Colloidal Clay by Richard Bradfield (1922)
"and bromphenol blue. The values secured with each of these indicators on a number of different samples are shown in the following table. TABLE 7. ..."
2. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1879)
"... using bromphenol blue as indicator. A few reactions in methanol are accompanied by a solvolysis reaction (Table XV). Methanolysis rates were determined ..."
3. Bacteriology and Mycology of Foods by Fred Wilbur Tanner (1919)
"Yellow to bromphenol blue * I'sc a 0.04 per cent alcoholic- solution, t Use a 0.02 per cent alcoholic solution. ruder 3.0 Litmus ..."
4. International Medical and Surgical Surveyby American Institute of Medicine by American Institute of Medicine (1922)
"... The indicators used for determining the pH were thymol blue, bromphenol blue, methyl orange, methyl red, bromcresol purple, ..."