Definition of Burrers
1. burrer [n] - See also: burrer
Lexicographical Neighbors of Burrers
Literary usage of Burrers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Punch by Mark Lemon, Henry Mayhew, Tom Taylor, Shirley Brooks, Francis Cowley Burnand, Owen Seaman (1870)
"... a chance for a " family-man's candidate"—wich that's the name we goes by among ourselves. Praps some of the disfranchised burrers, say, Grate Yarmouth, ..."
2. The Arena by Harry Houdini Collection (Library of Congress) (1895)
"But stir yer stumps an' get the cuckle-burrers out'n that thar brat's head. I aims ter fetch him ter town with me terday." "He ain't fit ter go," she ..."
3. The Century Illustrated Monthly Magazine (1896)
"They do say as burrers slanged 'im fine at the station yesterday,» said another, hoarsely. «Called Mm the devil untied, one man told me. ..."
4. Reports of Cases Adjudged in the High Court of Chancery: Before the Right by Great Britain Court of Chancery, James Wigram, James Lewis Knight Bruce, George James Turner, William Page Wood Hatherley (1846)
"... that it would be fraudulent and void, under the stat. 27 Eliz. c. 4, against a purchaser from the heir-at-law of the settlor. burrers Case(k), Clerk v. ..."
5. The Mechanics' Magazine, Museum, Register, Journal, and Gazette (1838)
"... and a score of other public places in town, burrers for which only a rental of from 27. to il. is paid, are by the contrivance, ..."
6. The Comparative Merits of Various Systems of Car Lighting: An Investigation by Arthur Mellen Wellington (1892)
"... controlling the consumption of oil are also disadvantages Two styles of burners are used, fiat and round. Flat burRers are more simple in construction ..."
7. Fibre & Fabric: A Record of American Textile Industries in the Cotton and ...Textile fabrics (1888)
"I would also like to have them state the different kinds of burrers and the reason why the different improvements have been made, the necessity for such ..."