Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bussu Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bussu
bussu (current term)
|bust a cap|
bust a gasket
bust a move
Literary usage of Bussu
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Palm Trees of the Amazon and Their Uses. by Alfred Russel Wallace (1853)
"The "bussu" produces the largest entire leaves of any known palm, and for this reason, ... A well-made thatch of "bussu" will last ten or twelve years, ..."
2. King Leopold's Rule in Africa by Edmund Dene Morel (1904)
"That he established, or allowed to be established, at bussu- Baya, ... for which Silvanus Jones, chief of the factory of bussu-Baya, and Bangi, his servant, ..."
3. The palm tree by Sophy Moody (1864)
"A thatch of bussu, well made, will last ten or twelve years. ... Cut open lengthways and pressed flat, this smooth bussu cloth forms a wrapper, ..."
4. The Journal of Sacred Literature by John Kitto, Henry Burgess, Benjamin Harris Cowper (1856)
"59.262.48, i'.bu..u's.su; a'bussu and i'bussu; see par. 19, 20. The proper value of 12 was i and of 135 was a', ?«. There being no character which properly ..."
5. Chambers's Encyclopædia: A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge for the People by Chambers, W. and R., publ (1876)
"The leaves are simple or undivided, and are the largest of the kind produced by bussu Palm. any known | pal in, being often 30 feet long, and 4 or 5 feet ..."