Definition of C
1. Noun. A degree on the centigrade scale of temperature.
Generic synonyms: Degree
Specialized synonyms: Standard Temperature
2. Adjective. Being ten more than ninety.
3. Noun. The speed at which light travels in a vacuum; the constancy and universality of the speed of light is recognized by defining it to be exactly 299,792,458 meters per second.
4. Noun. A vitamin found in fresh fruits (especially citrus fruits) and vegetables; prevents scurvy.
5. Noun. One of the four nucleotides used in building DNA; all four nucleotides have a common phosphate group and a sugar (ribose).
6. Noun. A base found in DNA and RNA and derived from pyrimidine; pairs with guanine.
Substance meronyms: Deoxyribonucleic Acid, Desoxyribonucleic Acid, Dna, Ribonucleic Acid, Rna
Generic synonyms: Pyrimidine
7. Noun. An abundant nonmetallic tetravalent element occurring in three allotropic forms: amorphous carbon and graphite and diamond; occurs in all organic compounds.
Specialized synonyms: Fullerene, Carbon 14, Radiocarbon, Char, Charcoal, Wood Coal, Carbon Black, Crock, Lampblack, Smut, Soot, Activated Carbon, Activated Charcoal, Black Lead, Graphite, Plumbago, Adamant, Diamond
Generic synonyms: Chemical Element, Element
Substance meronyms: Coal, Limestone, Crude, Crude Oil, Fossil Oil, Oil, Petroleum, Rock Oil
Derivative terms: Carbonate, Carbonic, Carbonise, Carbonise, Carbonize, Carbonize, Carburise, Carburize
8. Noun. Ten 10s.
9. Noun. A unit of electrical charge equal to the amount of charge transferred by a current of 1 ampere in 1 second.
Generic synonyms: Charge Unit, Quantity Unit
Group relationships: Abcoulomb, Ampere-minute
10. Noun. A general-purpose programing language closely associated with the UNIX operating system.
11. Noun. (music) the keynote of the scale of C major.
12. Noun. The 3rd letter of the Roman alphabet.
Generic synonyms: Alphabetic Character, Letter, Letter Of The Alphabet
13. Noun. Street names for cocaine.
Definition of C
1. Letter. (Latn-def en letter 3 cee) ¹
2. Number. (Latn-def en ordinal 3 cee) ¹
3. Symbol. A standard size of dry cell battery between A and D. ¹
4. Symbol. (music) Guitar chord – ''C'' – Played 0 1 0 2 3 0. ¹
5. Noun. (slang) $100; a c-note. ¹
6. Noun. (music) A musical note; middle c. ¹
7. Noun. An academic grade better than a D and worse than a B. ¹
8. Proper noun. A particular high-level programming language from which many others are derived. ¹
9. Proper noun. (British) Head of the Secret Intelligence Service. ¹
10. Letter. (Latn-def en letter 3 cee) ¹
11. Number. (Latn-def en ordinal 3 cee) ¹
12. Abbreviation. (alternative form of c.) ¹
13. Noun. (music) The middle tone in either one of the sets of seven white keys on a keyboard or a set of seven strings on a stringed instrument. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Medical Definition of C
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: C Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of C
bête de scène
c'est la vie
c-Jun amino-terminal kinase