Definition of Cadmium orange
1. Noun. Orange-hued cadmium yellow pigment.
Cadmium Orange Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cadmium Orange Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cadmium Orange
Literary usage of Cadmium orange
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1909)
"The green at G can be developed down a few steps by reduction of the light cadmium; then this must be replaced by aureolin plus cadmium orange; and then the ..."
2. The Systematic Relationships of the CoccaceŒ: With a Discussion of the by Charles-Edward Amory Winslow, Anne (Rogers) Winslow (1908)
"The deeper chromas of Orange Yellow and all the cadmium orange column have ... V-IX, — cadmium orange). The last three columns have been grouped as Red. ..."
3. The Technique of Oil Paintings: And Other Essays by Hamilton Easter Field (1913)
"Having the same qualities as Chrome Yellow, it should only be used as a substitute for cadmium orange in sketching. Golden Ochre (Ocre d'or) is merely a ..."
4. The Painter's Palette: A Theory of Tone Relations, an Instrument of Expression by Denman Waldo Ross (1919)
"If cadmium orange is used to represent Orange the Blue which will neutralize it must be a Violet-Blue. I rarely use either cadmium orange or Cadmium Yellow. ..."