Definition of Caladenia
1. Noun. Any of various orchids of the genus Caladenia.
Group relationships: Genus Caladenia
Specialized synonyms: Caladenia Cairnsiana, Zebra Orchid
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Caladenia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Caladenia
Literary usage of Caladenia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of Meeting by ANZAAS, ANZAAS. (1890)
"caladenia latifolia. E. Brown. Grampians. caladenia carnea. ... caladenia deformis. B. Brown. Grampians and Pyrenees. CHILOGLOTTIS. E. Brown. ..."
2. Official Catalogue of Exhibits from the Colony: Forwarded to the Colonial by New South Wales (1886)
"caladenia arenaria and caladenia concolor. caladenia filamentosa and ... caladenia lobata and caladenia plicata. caladenia paniculata and caladenia ..."
3. Journal of the Royal Horticultural Society by Royal Horticultural Society (Great Britain). (1886)
"One species, from Tasmania, resembling caladenia, but of different habit. Not showy. 53. caladenia, K. Brown. Thirty or forty, in Australia and New Zealand. ..."
4. Hortus Kewensis; Or, A Catalogue of the Plants Cultivated in the Royal by William Aiton (1813)
"»787, by Mr. John Fraser. Fl. June and July. H. 1/. caladenia. Brown prodr. 323. ... White caladenia. ..."
5. Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia by Royal Society of South Australia (1878)
"Of variable Orchids may be mentioned caladenia pulcherrima, ... caladenia deformis varies in colour from blue to pink. ..."