Definition of Canachites
1. Noun. Spruce grouse.
Generic synonyms: Bird Genus
Group relationships: Family Tetraonidae, Tetraonidae
Member holonyms: Canachites Canadensis, Spruce Grouse
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Canachites Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Canachites
Literary usage of Canachites
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1901)
"... Greenland, and western Alaska. [B 46o,part, C 380,part, R 472,part, C 555, part.](7. canachites canadensis labradorite BANGS. Labrador Spruce Grouse. ..."
2. The Ibis by British Ornithologists' Union (1902)
"114 (1900) [North-west Territory, Northern British Columbia, and Alaska north to the coast mountains]. canachites canadensis (Liun. ..."
3. American Game-bird Shooting by George Bird Grinnell (1910)
"canachites canadensis canace. i Two small wood grouse, notable for their extreme simplicity and lack of fear of man, are found in the evergreen country, ..."
4. Through the Mackenzie Basin: A Narrative of the Athabasca and Peace River by Charles Mair, Roderick Ross MacFarlane (1908)
"CANADA GROUSE—canachites canadensis (Linn.). This grouse breeds at Fort Providence, where a male and ... FRANKLIN'S GROUSE—canachites franklinii (Douglas). ..."
5. The Birds of Eastern North America Known to Occur East of the Nineteenth by Charles Barney Cory, Field Museum of Natural History (1899)
"237 (21)8) canachites CANADENSIS. i I.,vv : Canada Grouse. Spruce Partridge. Throughout British America; occurs in United States in northern New England, ..."