Definition of Canada anemone
1. Noun. Common summer-flowering woodland herb of Labrador to Colorado.
Canada Anemone Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Canada Anemone Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Canada Anemone
Literary usage of Canada anemone
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science by Indiana Academy of Science (1922)
"Specimen from near mouth of Pike creek. Anemonella thalictroides (L.) Spach. Rue anemone or wind-flower. No. 655. Anemone canadensis L. canada anemone. No. ..."
2. Report: New York by Otis Stuart (1904)
"A. Canadensis L. canada anemone. Wind-flower. A. Pennsylvanica L. On low ground along streams; on higher land northward. Common. Th. 1000. ..."
3. Report (1913)
"Anemone virginiana L. Tall Anemone. Common in open or slightly shaded ground. Anemone canadensis L. canada anemone. Occasional in damp open ground. ..."
4. Historic Mackinac: The Historical, Picturesque and Legendary Features of the by Edwin Orin Wood (1918)
"Anemone canadensis L. canada anemone. Occasional in damp open ground. Anemone quinquefolia L. Wood Anemone. In open woods and thickets. ..."
5. Plant Names, Scientific and Popular, Including in the Case of Each Plant the by Albert Brown Lyons (1900)
"British America, south to Pennsylvania and Colorado. canada anemone;!, Pennsylvania!) Anemone, Round-leaved or Round- headed Anemone, White-flowered Anemone ..."
6. Michigan Flora: A List of the Fern and Seed Plants Growing Without Cultivation by William James Beal (1904)
"A. Canadensis L. canada anemone. Wind-flower. A. Pennsylvanica L. On low ground along streams; on higher land northward. Common. Th. *998. ..."