Definition of Cancers
1. Noun. (plural of Cancer) ¹
2. Noun. (plural of cancer) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cancers
1. cancer [n] - See also: cancer
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cancers
Literary usage of Cancers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Costs And Effectiveness Of Prostate Cancer Screening In Elderly Menby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"The probabilities that detected cancers will be of small volume (< 0.5 mL) come from Oesterling and colleagues' study of the pathology of nonpalpable T1c ..."
2. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"Others are malignant growths (ie, cancers) and spread by direct invasion into ... The term carcinoma refers to those cancers arising from epithelial cells ..."
3. Dr. Chase's Recipes: Or, Information for Everybody; an Invaluable Collection by Alvin Wood Chase, William Wesley Cook (1920)
"(cancers may be known from other tumors by their shooting, ... The chloride of zinc is indispensable in ulcerated cancers, in which it acts as a ..."
4. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1908)
"Spheroidal-cell cancers. Among these are included scirrhus cancers, ... Columnar-cell cancers Spheroidal-cell cancers Transitional cancers Mixed cancers ..."
5. The Journal of Anatomy and Physiology by Anatomical Society of Great Britain and Ireland (1879)
"SIR JAMES FACET observes: " The scirrhous or hard cancers in the breast are very ... I believe that they are always primary cancers; always infiltrations, ..."
6. Final Report: Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building Bombing, April 19, 1995 edited by Carol Smith (2004)
"The national annual age-adjusted mortality rates per 100000 person-years for all cancers combined ranged from 136 among white females to 294 among black ..."
7. Gulf War And Health by Institute of Medicine (2005)
"Results of several studies suggest an association between cancers of the oral ... (1998) demonstrated an association between wood-stove use and cancers of ..."