Definition of Capital of Switzerland
1. Noun. The capital of Switzerland; located in western Switzerland.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Schweiz, Suisse, Svizzera, Swiss Confederation, Switzerland
Capital Of Switzerland Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Switzerland Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Switzerland
Literary usage of Capital of Switzerland
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Carpenter's New Geographical Reader: Europe by Frank George Carpenter (1922)
"Suppose you were ordered to go from your home to the capital of Switzerland by way of Paris, what route would you take ? What would be the shortest mail ..."
2. Letters to Ruth by Lucy Bronson Dudley (1896)
"Time ride from there to Berne was through a succession of Alpine views, and all of theni sublime. The capital of Switzerland. August 6, 1895. ..."
3. Manual of Geography: Combined with History and Astronomy by James Monteith (1864)
"What is the capital of Switzerland? What Countries north of Turkey? What two Seas east? What Sea and Country south? West? What large River flows through the ..."
4. Colton and Fitch's Introductory School Geography: Illustrated by Twenty Maps by George William Fitch, George Woolworth Colton (1863)
"Md. What city at the mouth of the Ta'gus is" the capital of Port'ugal ? Ln. What large city in It'aly ? Re. What is the capital of Switzerland ? Be. ..."
5. A Typographical Gazetteer by Henry Cotton (1866)
"... a post village, capital of Switzerland County, Indiana. The Palladium is its weekly Newspaper. Vicksburg, a city and port on the river Mississippi, ..."