Definition of Capital of liberia
1. Noun. The capital and chief port and largest city of Liberia.
Generic synonyms: Port, National Capital
Group relationships: Liberia, Republic Of Liberia
Capital Of Liberia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Liberia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Liberia
Literary usage of Capital of liberia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Temperance Movement and Its Workers: A Record of Social, Moral by Peter Turner Winskill (1892)
"... Monrovia the capital of Liberia, and other places. A Grand Union for Liberia had also been instituted. The chief trouble is the various impediments to ..."
2. The Republic of Liberia: Its Geography, Climate, Soil and Productions, with by J. W. Lugenbeel (1868)
"The emperor sent to the capital of Liberia, in January, 1865, on a complimentary visit, a first-class Russian frigate, ..."
3. The Edinburgh Review by Sydney Smith (1858)
"Monrovia, the capital of Liberia, is ill- placed for ventilation, and therefore health ; and it is difficult of access from the sea. ..."
4. Elementary Geography (1880)
"What is the capital of Liberia ? What capital is on the coast, northwest of Monrovia ? Of what colony is Free Town the capital ? What country on the western ..."