Definition of Capital of lithuania
1. Noun. The capital and largest city of Lithuania; located in southeastern Lithuania.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Lietuva, Lithuania, Republic Of Lithuania
Capital Of Lithuania Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Lithuania Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Lithuania
Literary usage of Capital of lithuania
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopædia of Geography: Comprising a Complete Description of the by Hugh Murray, William Wallace, Robert Jameson, William Jackson Hooker, William Swainson, Thomas Gamaliel Bradford (1837)
"... capital of Lithuania, is situated on the Wilia, a large tributary of the Niemen, and carries on a very considerable trade. The inhabitants are stated at ..."
2. The World in the Middle Ages: An Historical Geography, with Accounts of the by Adolph Ludvig Køppen (1854)
"... the capital of Lithuania (now a small village south of the Niemen), by the Archbishop of Riga.175 A new dynasty of Lithuanian grand dukes ascended the ..."
3. The Monthly Review by Ralph Griffiths (1809)
"... and somewhat larger than Brody; and Wilna, the capital of Lithuania, the population of which exceeds 30000, and is in a state of rapid increase. ..."
4. The New York Times Current History (1918)
"... capital of Lithuania: Complying with the orders of the Chief Commander of the Eastern Armies, (Hin- denburg.) all the men between 17 and 60 years of age ..."