Definition of Capital of venezuela
1. Noun. The capital and largest city of Venezuela.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Republic Of Venezuela, Venezuela
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Venezuela
Literary usage of Capital of venezuela
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Capitals of Spanish America by William Eleroy Curtis (1888)
"THE capital of venezuela. THK voyage from Kew York to Venezuela is one of the most delightful in the world, and gives the traveller not only a nine days' ..."
2. Venezuela: A Land where It's Always Summer by William Eleroy Curtis (1896)
"... the capital of Venezuela, and its commercial metropolis, lies upon the southern slope of the mountain La Silla, and extends eastward and westward into ..."
3. Colton and Fitch's Introductory School Geography: Illustrated by Twenty Maps by George William Fitch, George Woolworth Colton (1863)
"What is the capital of Venezuela ? Cs What is the capital of New Grana'da ? Ba. What is the capital of Ecuador' ? QH' (kee'to). Nearly under what line is ..."
4. Colton's New Introductory Geography by George Woolworth Colton (1880)
"What is the capital of Venezuela ? C—s. What is the capital of the United States of Colombia? B—a. What cities on opposite sides of the Isthmus of Panama? ..."
5. The Encyclopædia of Geography: Comprising a Complete Description of the by Hugh Murray, William Wallace, Robert Jameson, William Jackson Hooker, William Swainson, Thomas Gamaliel Bradford (1837)
"... situated considerably to the eastward along this coast, which has always been the capital of Venezuela, and previous to 1812 was a very large city, ..."
6. Essentials of Geography. by Albert Perry Brigham, Charles T. McFarlane (1920)
"Caracas is the capital of Venezuela (Fig. 349), and although but a few miles from the Caribbean Sea, it is several thousand feet above the sea level. ..."